Want to join University of the Western Cape? Find UWC 2024 / 2025 Application requirements, when applications will open, how to apply and others. Keep reading…
The Management of the University of the Western Cape (UWC) opened 2024’s application on 13 May 2023 and will close on 30 September 2023. We also hope that UWC online application for 2025 is expected to open around the same date.
Besides 2025 application opening dates, there are other things pertaining to applying that you have to consider. They include: University of the Western Cape application requirements, supporting documents, programme requirements, how to apply, and status check.
We will look into them according to the sequence they should follow. But before looking into the application instructions, here are the prerequisites:
- Account creation items: active email address, phone number, password.
- Get required documents ready: During application, upload the required documents to complete your application.
Here is how to apply for University of the Western Cape Application 2024 / 2025
Applicants who are currently in Grade 12, improving their results for Grade 12 written in previous years (post-matrics), transferring applicants and any applicant that has not completed a first degree must apply to UWC as an UNDERGRADUATE APPLICANT.
STEP 1: CHOOSE A PROGRAMME
Browse our academic programmes (click here) to see what programmes are available, or visit faculty pages on our website – type in what you would like to study and download the programme information.
STEP 2 CHECK ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Entry requirements are the minimum academic standards that the University of Western Cape requires in order to consider you for entry into degree programmes.
Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee you a place to study. The number of applicants usually far exceeds the number of spaces available in various programmes. As a result, offers are based on merit and availability of space.
Tip: Apply to more than one institution and type of tertiary education institution.
Final selection is made subject to the availability of places, academic results and other entry requirements where applicable. CLICK HERE FOR GENERAL ADMISSIONS CRITERIA
STEP 3 APPLY ONLINE
Required documents include, but are not limited to,
- Certified copy of your NSC certificate or Senior Certificate
- Certified copy of your identification document
- Proof of any studies with academic records, if applicable, you may have completed
- If applicable, proof that you are currently improving your NSC results
- In an affidavit a brief description of activities post-matric/NSC
THE UNIVERSITY REQUIRES DOCUMENTS DEPENDING ON YOUR APPLICATION TYPE. CHECK REQUIREMENTS ACCORDING TO YOUR APPLICATION TYPE (UNDERGRADUATE, TRANSFERRING STUDENT APPLICATION OR INTERNATIONAL)
Step 4 CHECK YOUR APPLICATION STATUS
Once accepted, you can decline or accept an offer of admission made within 3 days. To know your status, CLICK HERE to check your application status. Application statuses are updated in real-time on the portal.
Here are situations that should lead you to contact UWC Contact center. The contact center is available during the office hours stated below to attend to your needs.
1. when contact details change
2. when you have any queries related to disability support
3. have questions on residence
4. when you change your mind about what you will study, check with the Contact Centre
Here are contact center details: